- are interested in helping others
- live, work, or go to school in the Madison area
- are at least 16 years of age
- are interested in learning CPR and other emergency or potential life-saving skills
... then we need to hear from you!
We are eager for volunteers to be an EMT and/or a Driver Only volunteer who can serve on at least one 12-hour shift each week and one Saturday day shift each quarter. If you are at least 18 years old, you can volunteer to be an EMT member or be a part of our Driver Only program. If you are at least 16 years old and enrolled in high school, you can volunteer for our Junior program.
All new members who want to become EMTs are taught and certified in CPR and are enrolled in an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course taught by professionals in emergency medicine. Tuition is fully paid by the Corps, once you pass the course. Upon successful completion of the course, a member is certified as an EMT by the State of New Jersey.
It is easy to join our Corps and we welcome inquiries as to how to join. To volunteer as an EMT member, Driver Only, or Junior member, please call our membership hotline at 973-224-7459 or e-mail our membership team at email@example.com. To download a membership application, click here. Call us! We would love to hear from you!
To Join As a Junior Member
The purpose of the junior member program is to provide high school students with the chance to help their community and to learn more about healthcare. New junior members are selected upon turning 16 and are expected to serve with the Corps at least through high school graduation. At that point, they may apply to become regular EMT members of the Corps. Junior members must live in Madison.
Qualified individuals interested in applying should download the Member Application, which spells out the expectations and requirements for Junior members and should be carefully read and understood by both student and parents. Interested high school students who are at least 16 years old are welcome to complete the application now and submit it to our membership manager.
To join the Corps as a Junior member, students must satisfy the same requirements as candidates for EMT membership with the following differences:
- Age 16 years or older, enrolled in high school, and in good standing
- A resident of Madison
- Ability to work one 3-hour weekday shift (Monday-Friday) each week, or one 6-hour shift on Saturday or Sunday
- Shifts are 4 p.m.–7 p.m. or 7 p.m.–10 p.m. on weekdays and 10 a.m.–4 p.m. on weekends.
- Junior members will remain at the Squad building during their shifts rather than responding from home
- Driver's license not required
- Parental permission required